Sunday, December 18, 2011

Last Class

Overall this class has really taught me a lot about technology. I came in thinking I already knew how to use devices to help children communicate - but this class is not all about programming devices. This class opened my eyes to so many different forms of technology and Web 2.0 tools. I could not believe how much is out there. I think Janette's comment two classes ago, really struck home "read through airplane magazines, and always think of what could be best for your students." This line of thinking was definitely new to me! I had never thought - well the technology for my students doesn't have to be something that was designed specifically for that purpose - it could be something else that might have been intended for a different purpose, but now could serve another. It really makes the world of technology and what it has to offer, that much more accessible and larger.

I learned that participating in an online discussion can be just like sitting in class. I think before this class, I took other online classes where I would simply be required to post on a discussion board which really didn't feel like I was participating or a member of the class. However, when we talk on Adobe, and there is video incorporated, I definitely feel like online is similar to being in person.

Furthermore, we did a lot of group work. I learned to exercise my collaboration and cooperative skills. I think we learned that we can use technology to communicate and send ideas and meld them together. We really learned to work with a lot of different people with different experiences with technology - which was very helpful to people like me who are not very good with technology!

This class was great and I learned a lot. I feel like I have a really good toolbox for teaching now, and am equipped to view things as a challenge not an obstacle. I also feel like I can use anything to help me kids, which is really inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment